Monday, January 16, 2012

Crocheting, for a change

Santa left a skein of yarn in my stocking this year. It has been a long time since I picked up a knitting needle or crochet hook. Usually, when I do, it's to make a scarf since that is a quick and simple project. This time I wanted to do something different.


I was recently turned on to ravelry.com so that's where I went to find a pattern. It didn't take long to settle on this crocheted hat. I started with the suggested hook size (I) but my hat was turning out way too big. I unraveled and started over with a size G hook and had much more success. It only took a couple of hours to finish the project.


My daughter graciously volunteered to model the result. She's a much better hat wearer than me. After looking at these pictures, it looks like the hat is about to slide off the back of her head. When I wear it, it looks like a shower cap.
I tried washing it to see if it would wear better but since it's inexpensive acrylic yarn, washing didn't really change it. The best thing about this project is that it can be easily undone. I'll unravel it and make something else. I have my eye on this little bag that is big enough to hold a cell phone. It's cute and will be great practice.

I'm better at crocheting than knitting so after this one, I'll have to work up the courage to make something knitted.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...