While a few side projects have slowed me down a bit, I made good progress this weekend on the block of the month sample I'm working on for next year. Here's block 5:
Block five is the only other block that uses templates and it is the most challenging so far. Accurate template cutting is a must and I cut mine in too big a hurry the first time around. Once I had all those flat flying geese units together, the rest went together fairly quickly. Block six and seven were a breeze after the challenge of block five.
Block seven may be my favorite so far. Its simple structure makes the star shine and I like the movement of the star and swirl fabrics together. This means I'm over half finished with the blocks. Some dedicated sewing time tomorrow should get this project closer to the finished line.