Saturday, March 30, 2013

Quilting Practice - Paisleys

This week I used another pieced block from the 2012  Craftsy Block of the Month for quilting practice.


Paisley practice from Angela Walters Quilting Negative Spaces class was the goal. Before getting started with the paisleys, the center needed some quilting.


Those flowers in the center were worthy of some special attention so I outline quilted around them, then filled in the rest with a small meander.


I think that if I had it to do over again, I might have chosen a darker thread. This was a Sulky Blendable that was in my thread stash.


Once the center area was quilted, it was time to quilt some paisleys!


These were fun and easy to quilt. I like that the shape is smooth and flowing so it was easy to get into a rhythm.


I'm not sure how paisley-ish these look; raindrops or teardrops might be a better description. 


It's nice to practice on such a small piece. I found myself spinning the block around often in order to hit the paisley at just the right angle. I wouldn't be able to do that with a big quilt.


Here it is from the back. The stitching is easier to see with the contrasting color.


I'm happy with the way this block turned out.


Next time I practice, it will be time to start experimenting with combining designs...circles and swirls maybe.

2 comments :

  1. Great job!!!! I love paisley's. You are do wonderful on your quilting practice. I am thinking of taking this class you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debora, your quilting looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...