Here's my project for February. Doesn't it look finished? I made this sample in a hurry when Marti Michell came to the shop to teach this class, way back in 2008 I think. It is pieced; it is layered; the edges are finished, but there's NO quilting. Not a stitch. It never bothered me until I started focusing on improving my quilting. Now it looks so empty, so blank. This is the month it will be finished. And it isn't just going to get a little quilting; it's going to get a lot of quilting.
A big flower in the center of each block, some pebbles all over the header, and something yet to be determined in the bands around each block. I used fusible batting when I put it together, so I'm hoping the layers are smooth and stable enough so that I don't get much shifting and puckering. They even have a cool button that I've added over on the left side of my blog.
Even though I already had a loose plan to make some progress on all those unfinished projects, this is going to be just the thing to make 2013 "A Lovely Year of Finishes".