Sunday, May 6, 2012

Here, There, and Everywhere

This is my 100th blog entry. It's hard to believe that I was nervous about sticking with it when I started this blog. I love writing here. When my sewing mind gets a bit foggy, writing here clears it. This is also my way to keep track of my projects...when I started, when I finished. I'm terrible at keeping up with it any other way.

So, I've been up to a little bit of everything this week. I made part of one block for the New York Beauty Quilt Along. I love the colors in this one.



For the Craftsy Block of the Month, I finally started working on April's blocks. They use English Paper Piecing which I had never done. I don't do a lot of handwork, but this technique is perfect for a take-along project. I am keeping all the pieces in a bag and they go everywhere with me. This is also another great use of scraps. There may be more English Paper Piecing in my future.



All of the fabric for the Patchwork Prism Quilt-a-long has been selected.



I started cutting it this weekend. I was able to find enough fabric so that I can make this quilt with no repeats. This one is going to take a while to cut so I'm hoping to do a little bit each day.



As I have been scoping out fabric for this project or that in my stash, I've been keeping an eye out for bigger pieces to use for summer skirts. My wardrobe needs a bit of refreshing and I don't have a lot of yardage in my stash. This weekend I made this cutie, which will look great with my pink t-shirt. It hits just below the knees and will be a great addition to my summer work wardrobe.



It's been kind of fun bouncing from project to project this week. Here's hoping for another week of sewing fun!

1 comment :

  1. Congratulations on the 100th blog! I love reading all of them and look forward to each one. The thing that I think could be improved would be blogging everyday! What do you think? Can't wait to see your finished quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...