Monday, April 30, 2012

Becoming a Quilt-a-Long Junkie

So, what's one more quilt-a-long? Yep, I did it. I joined the Patchwork Prism quilt-a-long which is based on a pattern designed by Anna Marie Horner for Janome. No matter that I'm fully involved in two other quilt-a-longs. There's always room for more. There are many, many reasons for joining this one...
   - Anna Marie Horner - What can I say...I'm a big fan.
   - Janome - My sewing machine is a Janome and I just love it.
   - It's a stash buster, which is high on my list this year.
   - It's a color challenge.
   - I'm going to make it a charm challenge too, meaning that no fabric can repeat in the quilt.
   - There are some super cool prizes to be awarded at the end of this quilt-a-long.

My color muscle needs a bit of exercise and this quilt-a-long is just the thing to do it. You can learn all about it by clicking on the button over there on the right side. And one more reason I'm participating is the on-going quest to clean and organize my sewing room. Fabric selection is supposed to be completed by May 8. Here's what has happened in my sewing room so far.



All of my blues are refolded and sorted. Above that are all of my Kaffe Fassett scraps, again all refolded and sorted by color. I intend to use many of these in this new project. And just to give you a bit of perspective, here's a picture that shows what the neighbor cubbies look like:




Don't worry, I'm not abandoning my other cherished quilt-a-longs. In fact, I have officially completed half of the blocks for the New Your Beauty quilt along.



It's okay. I've accepted it. I am a Quilt-A-Long Junkie.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...