Thursday, March 17, 2011

A New Quilter!

It is always exciting to me when someone new enters the wonderful world of quilting. I did not believe it would ever happen, but my daughter has caught the bug. She's working on her first quilt and loving it. When she told me she wanted to make a quilt, we broke out my collection of quilt magazines and started looking. She's a college student and didn't want to spend a lot of money. The solution...go scrappy. I just happen to have a few scraps here and there at home ;-)


We chose a pattern and she's taken it from there. She selected all the fabric and did all the initial cutting.


She's about a third of the way through making the blocks. This pattern is a good one for beginners because the cut size is a good bit larger than the finished block. I've been helping out by squaring up the blocks (there will be 208 in the finished quilt!) It's been fun for both of us to watch the quilt top slowly reveal itself.


I can't wait to see the finished quilt top.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...