Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I haven't been sewing much, but Robin has!

My sewing life, like the rest of my life, tends to have peaks and valleys. I seem to be in a valley right now, so both me and the sewing machine are taking a little rest. I do have a couple of small works in progress to show. Our Hot for Halvorsen club meets tomorrow morning at 10am and, as the facilitator, I thought I should be showing a little Nancy Halvorsen love to the girls. I started these two wall hangings today.


I'm thinking about quilting the March one in a fun gold metallic thread since I'm sure there has to be a pot of gold near this project. I'm not sure how I'm going to quilt this next one, though that big ol' egg screams for something fun to be done to it.


The main quilt I wanted to show you is this fabulous quilt made by Robin Cook. Robin teaches lots of classes at the shop including First Time Quiltmaking and Beginning Quilting II. She has introduced lots of ladies to the passion of quilting over the past couple of years. She's starting a new club with us in April, the Marti & Me club. All of the projects in the class are by Marti Michell. This quilt is the first one.


I love, love, love the bright colors in this quilt and I especially love that the each sashing is in a different color. Can you tell I like this quilt? The pattern it comes from shows a sample in batiks which is equally stunning. Here's a close up of one of the blocks.


I'm looking forward to all the quilts and techniques that will be introduced by this club. This club will meet on the second Thursday evening of each month from 6-8pm. Join us if you can!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...