Friday, November 25, 2016

Bright Rectangles And Diamonds Quilt Finish


This fun quilt top was made by my mom from a kit. She did the piecing and asked me if I would finish it for her so she could give it to her great granddaughter for Christmas. Yes, of course I can.

Since there is so much color and pattern going on in these fabrics, I went with an all over free motion flower design for the quilting. In general, it just adds texture.

But on a few of the blocks the flower design stands out.

I think this is my favorite block. You can see two flowers here.

The kit came with backing and binding fabric, so it was easy to quilt and assemble. Once I decided on the quilting design, the rest of the decisions had been made for me. The quilting is done with a white 50 weight Aurifil thread.

The finished quilt is approximately 37 x 45 inches. It makes a perfect play mat or snuggle quilt for a little girl.

Linking up with Finish It Up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts.

6 comments :

  1. Perfect quilting choice, Deborah! What a happy little quilt that is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The rhythm of quilting those flowers is lots of fun.

      Delete
  2. It is lovely and I am sure it will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really enjoy doing collaborative projects.

      Delete
  3. Wow..... you are in "finish it" mode!!! The quilt designs add a wonderful finishing touch to the quilt. It will be fun to see it in use!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wanted to finish up all of the deadline projects so that the days leading up to Christmas would be more relaxing. There is one more to go after this one.

      Delete

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...