This month Jennifer asked us to send in a block, or blocks that represented community.
I searched and searched for a house that I wanted to stitch. Nothing was drawing me in until I saw an image that looked similar to this one. I sketched it quickly on graph paper and I'm glad I did because I was not able to find the image again. After thinking about the finished size and knowing I needed to go for something that is a multiple of three, I decided each square on the graph paper would represent 1 1/2 inches.
It was a rare quiet day at home so I took my time choosing fabric.
The cut size of each piece was calculated as I went.
Once all the parts were made, the sections were split out into "blocks" to make the assembly easier.
The block will finish at 15 inches square. The multiple dwellings appealed to me for this project. Oh, and where it looks like there is a stain on the fabric there on the left, that is just where it has not dried yet. I always use a dry iron and a spray bottle of water to press my quilt blocks. I should have waited a few more minutes before taking pictures.
I loved making this block and can't wait to see how the quilt comes together. Sending this one off in the mail today.