Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Believe Circle Quilt Finish - Elephants!

Way back in February, it was my turn to be the quilter for our circle. I had my eye on the Elephant Parade quilt over at Sew Fresh Quilts for a really long time. She put it together as a quilt along and it was definitely on my list of projects to make. It would be a long time before it made it to the top of my list, but hey, if I could engage nine other quilters to help, it could actually happen.


So, that is exactly what I did. And it turned out so much better as a group effort. There is a wonderful range of fabrics that come together perfectly in this special quilt.


I love all those brightly colored elephant ears. And the extra critters hanging out with the elephants make it all the more fun.


This is the first time I have ever used one of my machines special stitches to do the quilting. And I confess that I copied the quilting design from the sample over on the Sew Fresh Quilts blog. I don't have a wavy stitch on my sewing machine, but I do have a scallop. I set it for as long and as wide as it would go and started stitching. The rows are about an inch apart.


One of the stitchers in our circle sent in this lovely elephant print as a bonus when she sent in her blocks. I had to include it on the back.


I like the texture created by the quilting. I will definitely explore some of the other stitches on my machine for future quilts.


This was so much fun to assemble and quilt. There is a child out there somewhere who is going to have a super cool quilt to call their very own.


The binding is a fabric that had tea cups on it. It was cute, but not something that would be a natural go to fabric for me. The colors, though, were perfect for this binding. Lots of gray with touches of the bright colors that are sprinkled all over the quilt. I was happy to find a use for it. And, it took every last bit of it.


I am very happy about this finish. It has been lovingly packaged and will be shipped off to My Very Own Blanket today. I am already pondering the design for our next quilt.

1 comment :

  1. Love, love, love this quilt! You are so right...a lucky little one will receive this work of art!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...