Monday, March 21, 2016

Believe Circle March Bee Blocks


This month's quilt is being hosted by Robin from Ormond Beach Quilts. She wanted something really masculine and asked for these simple yet striking black and white blocks.


They come from a quilt posted on the Moda Bake Shop called the Gift Box Quilt. The Moda Bake Shop is a great resource for charity quilt ideas.


One thing I like about our quilt circle is that we tend to have good balance between simple and challenging blocks. This is a month where I appreciated the simple.


I like the way the addition of a wider strip in the middle of this quarter log cabin block makes it suddenly more modern. The color combination adds to the modern look as well.


I cannot wait to see how this quilt turns out.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...