Monday, January 25, 2016

Quilts Inspired By Art: Hello Baby Girl Version


It's a girl! Girl quilt, that is. This is our last week working with our first art and craft inspiration piece, a greeting card made by Linda Aarus of Polka Dots and Paper.


Here is the inspiration card and if you need to catch up to how we got to where we are today, here are the posts from prior weeks:



I tried to use some different techniques on this version of the quilt so you could better see some of the options. 


A traditional machine blanket stitch is used to secure each of the letters in place for this quilt. For the quilting, there is an all over flower design that covers the entire quilt except for the area with letters.


The flowers are even quilted into the borders.  There is an inch or two of unquilted space right around the outside edge of the quilt.


The quilting was fun once I got past some thread breaking issues. Changing the type of bobbin I was using helped with that. It could have something to do with my machine needing a good cleaning, too.


The quilting shows up good from this angle.



Here they are side by side. Boy version. Inspiration card. Girl version. I think we have success. I do not have a pattern to offer for this project...yet. It is a work in progress and I will let you know as soon as it is ready. You have all you need in the posts from previous weeks to make one of your own if you decide to go ahead and get started.

Our inspiration piece for next month is an art print that I found on Pinterest and tracked down the artist through Etsy. Hope you'll join me next week for another fun month of Quilts Inspired by Art.

Linking up with Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt and Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

3 comments :

  1. Love the boy version but am really in love with the girl version! Gus's that makes me a girly girl😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your inspiration and boy/girl versions. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...