Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Lovely Year of Finishes - May Commitment

While I've been making a dent in my long list of unfinished projects, a few new ones have been started this year as well. I'm determined that all starts will become finishes, so it's time to finish up the Circular Reasoning quilt I started earlier this year.


I layered it a couple of weeks ago and got it under the sewing machine this week.


The quilting did not require a lot of thought, since I love the quilting design on the pattern cover.


The first step is to pebble quilt in the negative space around the letters. The letters are fused to the background so I am intentionally letting the edges of the quilted pebbles overlap the edges of the letters to better secure them to the quilt top. This is not going to be a quick finish, and this kind of quilting is best done in lots of short sessions. Spend too long quilting pebbles and your shoulders will scream!


Can't wait to share the finished quilt at the end of the month. Thanks, A Lovely Year of Finishes, for keeping me motivated to finish!

1 comment :

  1. I love it!!! I can't wait to see your finished quilt at the end of the month too. ;) I'm a fan of pebbles...you've already hooked me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...