Friday, October 14, 2011

Apron Style

Once I finished sewing all of the samples for the show next week, I still had a couple of things I wanted to make for me. One is an apron and the other is a name tag holder. I designed and finished the apron this week. It's meant to hold change so that I can get to it fast and easy during the show. I'm always losing and looking for things here at the shop so I knew the more things I could attach to my body at the show, the better.

The bottom pockets are loose and intended to hold coins, while the top pockets are smooth and flat for paper and a pen. This is the first apron I've made without a pattern and I'm pleased with the way it turned out. I made the ties extra long so that I could wrap it all the way around and tie it in the front. I'm not sure I like the big bow in the front so I tried just wrapping it back around to the back.

The last way I tried it was to just tie it in the back without wrapping it around.


My daughter likes the big bow in front the best. It's almost a bit too much fluff for me. I'm leaning toward the simple tie it in the back version. The logo stands out better and the whole thing looks cleaner and simpler. I'll have to shorten the ties if I go with this option. What do you think?

1 comment :

  1. I like the bow in front but can see that it might possibly interfere with the functional use of the pockets. Next choice would be tied in the back with no wrap-around.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...