Sunday, February 6, 2011

Finishing, even when I don't want to

Sometimes, I take on a project that I don't really want to do. It will sit and sit on my sewing table while I spend time avoiding it. One good side effect is that I tend to start (or finish) a hand sewing project. My latest hand sewing project is a dragonfly sashiko piece. It was given to me by a dear colleague, Deb. She knew I was interested in sashiko and she is good about encouraging creative pursuits. It's not quite finished, and I'm going to incorporate it into a quilted wall hanging when it is done.


Finally, yesterday, I tied myself to the sewing machine and finished the project I was avoiding. It turned out fine; it's the last of the grommet bags I have been making as shop samples. I have never seen a bag like this. It has a separating zipper that goes all the way around. You can make it bigger or smaller. This is smaller...


...and this is bigger.
I'm relieved to have it done. Now, I'm ready to move on to something new.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...