Monday, December 9, 2019

Orphan Block Potholders

Making new potholders usually falls into my schedule in the January time frame when all the organize, renew, and refresh vibe is going around. It's okay that I did not get to this until November. My poor old potholders from two years ago got a real workout. There were holes and a few good burns on them.


These orphan blocks came from a fun quilt I made for my son during the brief period of time he was interested in learning to play the electric bass guitar. And it made for a great shop sample back in the day as well.


I love the colors and had a bit of fun with the quilting, making each one different.


They all have the same backing, a classic fabric by Kaffe Fassett.




Here's how I layer everything for one pot holder:

  • Fabric for the top
  • ThermaFlec
  • Batting
  • ThermaFlec
  • Fabric for the bottom 

Sometimes I'll even do two layers of batting, but not this time.



I have one more project coming before the end of the year. I've been much more focused on family this year and have been spending my creative energy making art that doesn't require me to go off to another room to create.

I hope you all have been sewing and creating up a storm this holiday season and are enjoying all the special people in your lives, too.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...