Thursday, June 25, 2015

Lost My Marbles - A Finished Quilt



It all started with a Moda Marbles color card.


The card was from quite a few years back but I could never part with it because the color swatches were real fabric. I shared the beginnings of this project a couple of months ago here. I used every piece I could salvage from the card. I had enough to make 14 blocks and was determined to have a square quilt so two four patch blocks made from Bella solids filled in nicely.


Each little square finishes at 1 1/4 inches. Not counting the sashing, this quilt contains 904 pieces. That's a lot for a 46" square quilt. The quilting uses an Aurifil light gray 50 weight thread and starts with an off center X that is filled in with echo quilting. It was fast work and I like it because it doesn't take away from the tile looking mosaic mix of color and neutral.


The binding is a Kaffe Fassett print.


The backing is a Moda print from the Simply Color collection.


For now, this quilt is hanging on a big blank wall in my bedroom. I'm not sure where it's final place will be. It may go to work with me and hang in my office or it may stay part of the bedroom, which has yet to be properly painted and decorated. This quilt might be a good inspiration piece for the rest of the room. We will see.




2 comments :

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...