Sunday, March 22, 2015

House Quilt - A Finish for do. Good Stitches


In January, it was my turn to be responsible for the quilt for our do. Good Stitches Believe Circle. With permission, I copied a design by Debbie Grifka over at Esch House Quilts. I posted a tutorial for the house blocks here. All of our members sent in vertical strips for the quilt.


Each member could place the houses anywhere on the strip they wanted to. I like the neighborhoods that formed as a result.


Since the fabrics in this quilt are so busy, the quilting was kept really simple. Wavy vertical lines run across the entire quilt top.



The thread is a 30 weight Sulky Blendable in a variegated gray.  


The binding is black with bright colored dots. It is a basic Timeless Treasures print. The back is a Kona solid. It is an older piece so I don't know the official color name. This quilt finishes at 46 x 51 inches.


All of the quilts our group makes are sent out with a special label on the back.


Even though we are almost at the end of March, this was a good quilt to start my year. Thanks Believe Circle, for sharing your quilt making talents with me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...