Another collaborative quilt finish with my favorite daughter. She chose the pattern, the fabric, and did the piecing for the top. I assembled the back, quilted and bound it. We make a pretty awesome team.
A few years ago quilting was the annoying step for me. Couldn't those layers just magically stay together? All of the quilting I did was purely for utility. Wow, how I have changed. I think I've gone to the opposite extreme. I want to add lots and lots of quilting to every quilt I see. It's amazing what a little bit of instruction and a whole lot of practice can do to change one's perspective.
I love how the quilting looks from the back of this quilt. I had planned a really busy back but changed my mind once I figured out how I wanted to quilt it.
Straight lines on the colors and pebbles on the neutrals. I used the same color thread on the bobbin as on the top so on the back the straight line stripes have color. This picture isn't too good with the dim inside light but I think it gives you an idea of how it looks on the back.
The binding is the same fabric as the blue solid.
This quilt will make its way to its new home some time in October when Erica next comes home to visit. It is going to one of the teachers that had a big impact on Erica's first year as a teacher last year.
Next up...maybe a holiday project. Happened to rummage through my Christmas fabric recently. We shall see what happens next.