Some of my smallest scraps are sorted into jars. This is the triangle jar. This is where my "just sewing" day began.
I expected the result to be a bunch of gnarly, wonky half square triangles, and there isn't a lot of fantastic matching going on, but the triangles were all similar in size which kept things fairly consistent. At the end of a sewing afternoon, I found myself with three almost finished potholders.
The borders are off set for just a little more "I told you I am not measuring anything today" statement. The quilting was done from the back since this large flower was perfect to outline.
So I did break down and square these up. That is the only measuring and cutting done for the day. All this one needs is some binding.
Here's the second one. Dipped into my jar with strings for the orange trim. A little free motion quilting and a pretty orange print for the back. This one also lacks binding to be complete.
And for the third one, my basket of selvedges called to me from across the room.
That's as far as this one got. It needs backing, quilting, and binding. But it's darn cute.
Here they are all together. They will likely get finished up next weekend. Three pot holders made from the scrappiest of scraps. That should satisfy my "just sewing" need for now.