Friday, June 21, 2013

Wonky Bulls Eye Blocks


When the sewing table gets this messy, you know there's something fun going on. This Wonky Bulls Eye Block is the June project for the do. Good Stitches Believe Circle. It had been a while since I tried any curved piecing, and this was improv curves, too. 


I'm not sure I would have been able to make enough of these for an entire quilt, so I'm glad I was able to contribute two blocks to the group. This is going to be one fun quilt. The block design comes from Katy Jones of I'm a Ginger Monkey. She granted permission for our group to use her design.



Our instructions were to use yellow, gray, white, and cream. My stash isn't strong in yellow or gray, but I managed to pull it off without making any additional fabric purchases. Another win for making use of what I have on hand.

This is my third month as part of the do. Good Stitches organization. I am enjoying the challenge of completing blocks based on the instructions of others, the opportunity to get to know other quilters, and the chance to do a little something for someone else.

1 comment :

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...