Wow, I didn't expect to finish my Tilly quilt in a day, but here it is.
This trio of Tilly projects is now complete...a recovered cedar chest, a pillow, and a lap quilt. For the quilt, I continued the large flower motif in the quilting. The first flower was quilted before the free motion foot breakage that I wrote about yesterday. The super-glued foot is working nicely so I added two more partial large flowers along the edge of the quilt and two smaller flowers to fill the blank spaces. I decided not to add a darker quilted center and stamens to each flower. I thought it would be too bold and detract from the overall project. It is bound in a dark red Kona solid.
Here is one of the smaller quilted flowers.
I tried to get a good picture of the quilting from the back, but my limited photography skills didn't allow that to happen. All of the pictures just look like a big cream colored piece of fabric. You'll have to imagine that part.
It feels great to add another finish to my quilting year.