Sunday, July 22, 2012

Tilly Quilt - A Fast Finish

Wow, I didn't expect to finish my Tilly quilt in a day, but here it is.


This trio of Tilly projects is now complete...a recovered cedar chest, a pillow, and a lap quilt. For the quilt, I continued the large flower motif in the quilting. The first flower was quilted before the free motion foot breakage that I wrote about yesterday. The super-glued foot is working nicely so I added two more partial large flowers along the edge of the quilt and two smaller flowers to fill the blank spaces. I decided not to add a darker quilted center and stamens to each flower. I thought it would be too bold and detract from the overall project. It is bound in a dark red Kona solid.


Here is one of the smaller quilted flowers.



I tried to get a good picture of the quilting from the back, but my limited photography skills didn't allow that to happen. All of the pictures just look like a big cream colored piece of fabric. You'll have to imagine that part.


It feels great to add another finish to my quilting year.

3 comments :

  1. Do you take on projects from the community? I have 5 completed quilt tops that were my great grandmothers that I am lookIng to have finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily,
      I do not but if you send me an email (debora dot exum at gmail dot com), I can certainly refer you to someone.

      Delete

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...