Sunday, August 12, 2012

New York Beauty Progress Continues

I finally found some time to spend with my New York Beauty quilt. It started as part of a quilt along. The quilt along has been over for a while now, but I keep plodding away on my quilt. There are ten different blocks and I plan to make four of each.


Here's my progress so far. Twenty-three blocks finished, seventeen to go. This is not the final block arrangement; it's just how I happened to put them on the design wall this time. I made one block today (the top right one) and then decided it would be fun to choose fabric for the rest of the blocks.


It took all afternoon to settle on all of these groups of four fabrics. I took this picture while the light from the window was still bright enough, so there were a few more groups selected before the day was done. This quilt is being made entirely from my batik stash and I'm also trying not to have too many repeats throughout the project, so fabric choice was a fun challenge.

Now that all the fabric choices have been made, I'll be able to sit down and start sewing on this project right away. Stay tuned for more New York Beauty.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...